Tuesday 3 May 2011

Aventine Etruscans WIP1

I started working on these last night and I have to say they are some of the best figures I have painted for a long while. lots of lovely detail which makes them slower to paint but in the end they will be worth it. I just need to decide what colour to do the shields and the adornments on the helmet. I was thinking of white shields and red and white feathers and horsetails but now they are nearly finished black looks good, or am I just being lazy?
Anyway I have promised myself that I must finish these and the Tarrentine cavlry before placing my order for a legion or three....

ps excuse the poor quality pic, better ones to follow soon as they are finished

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far - what range are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are Aventine miniatures late Etruscan range, i will be using them as allied legion triarii

    ReplyDelete

Hi I have recently had a few comments on old posts that i missed, so to make sure i dont miss anything i have added the moderator settings
thanks for taking the time to comment :o)