Monday 20 June 2011

Space Wolf colour test



    Here is the first of my Grey Hunters. I debated for a while whether to go blue/grey as codex or a more German grey. I have already painted a space marine force in grey a few years back (I will try and find some pics). Also I have a thing for Oxford blue so I thought I would give it a try. Eventually I went for a base coat of Vallejo Grey Blue. Then i shaded in the recesses with a mix of watered down GW Fenris grey and Vallejo Chocolate brown . Once this was dry i began highlighting by mixing Blue grey with GW space wolves grey with the final highlight of space wolf grey. I am pleased with the overall colour scheme and will now crack on with the rest.
    The company marking on the left shoulder pad is my version of Egil Iron Wolfs great company. I intend to keep this project pretty small, Every squad will be motorised and supported by tanks, this and a cool idea for a conversion for Egil himself has drawn me to the 12th company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I have recently had a few comments on old posts that i missed, so to make sure i dont miss anything i have added the moderator settings
thanks for taking the time to comment :o)