Wednesday 11 September 2013

Confederation of the Rhine

Lippe 1809
Well perry miniatures have just released what has to be the most colourful range of Napoleonic soldiers ever!

The Confederation of the Rhine in all its glory!

I have ordered the 5th to start. The 5th regimant comprises the Lippe and Anhalt battalions. As soon as I have these babies painted up I will move onto the 4th and I can't wait.

There is quite a lot of info out the on the Rhinebund but it can be quite confusing. Alan Perry has very kindly broken down the regimental organisation on the website, which will be helpful to get you going.
As i paint the regiments I will try and find the time to write a little potted history. 

5 comments:

  1. I know little of the army, look forward to the potted history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking unit, very nice paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your Anhalt troops painted up. I have been wanting to do some of these for years but never even got around to getting the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I think it's the most impressive development in Napoleonic wargaming for years. It's a challenging topic and one which serious gamers will relish.

    It's a fascinating subject and even I'm tempted to revert to (at least some) 28mm Napoleonics. I'm waiting to see your project develop!

    ReplyDelete

Hi I have recently had a few comments on old posts that i missed, so to make sure i dont miss anything i have added the moderator settings
thanks for taking the time to comment :o)